COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES IMPLEMENTED AT OUR OFFICES
For the continued wellbeing of our clients and personnel our offices are fogged daily using Envirosept SC
Please be assured that we value the continued safety and wellbeing of both our clients and personnel. As such we have established the following precautionary actions in terms of sanitation and hygiene to ensure both the safety of our clients and personnel.
- All clients reporting to our offices are required to make use of the provided hand sanitazing stations to wash / sanitize their hands before entering the office building. (Handwash and Handrub instructions as per the World Health Organization are posted at the wash station)
- As per governmental instruction all patients and visitors entering our offices are required to cover their nose and mouth. This can be done with a scarf, a home made cloth mask or your own surgical mask.
- Prior to entering our office building client temperatures are also measured by using an infrared thermometer. Clients with elevated temperatures exceeding 38 Degrees Celcius will be referred.
- All of our staff (Medical and Administrative) have been provided with face shields / face masks and will wear them at all times.
- Our administrative staff have also been provided with disposable gloves for the handling of files and documentation.
- Inside our offices several information posters have been posted with factual information about the virus and how to safeguard yourself and others. Additional health education is however also provided to all clients coming for medicals.
- All washbasins in the office including the individual examination rooms are fitted with soap dispensers and handwash instructions are posted.
Procedures in place during each step of the medical screening process
- Urine/Drug screening: As per our standard practices the testing official will wear disposable gloves. Clients are as per normal also required to wash their hands prior to and after testing – Wash instructions are posted in the testing facility.
- Vision Screening and Audiometric testing: The test stations will as per standard practice be cleaned between every client. Each test station have also been provided with disposable sanitary handwipes that clients are encouraged to make use of prior to touching the test equipment. Technicians have also been provided with personal hand sanitizers.
- Physical examination: Both medical staff and clients are required to wash their hand before and after the physical examination portion of the medical screening. OHNP are also making use of disposable gloves that are changed between every client. Each station is also cleaned between every patient.
- Spirometry: In light of the newly identified mutated strain of the Covid-19 virus leading to an elevated risk of infection, we will currently not do any spirometry (lung function) testing. In lieu of this, abnormalities will be excluded via physical examination and the use of a respiratory questionnaire.
Important notice to employers:
Though we aim to safeguard our staff and clients via the abovementioned measures we do kindly request that employers please refrain from sending persons with flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throats etc.) to do their medicals. They must go to their own doctor or clinic for treatment or if at all concerned contact the CoVID-19 hotline @ 0800 02 99 99 for more information.
Should you require any educational resources for use within the workplace we recommend the following:
Covid-19 Tests available to our clients
For bookings contact firstname.lastname@example.org
With Covid-19 currently impacting all walks of life and industry we realize the importance of knowing your Covid-19 status. In light of this we offer clients the following testing options:
- Antigen Rapid Testing: This test detects protein fragments specific to the Coronavirus. The turnaround time for test results on the Antigen Rapid Test is usually very quick. Generally, between 15 - 30 minutes.
- PCR test: PCR testing is considered the “gold standard” in SARS-CoV-2 detection. This test actually detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus and can detect the virus within days of infection, even those who have no symptoms. The turnaround time for test results is longer, generally between 2-3 days, however but results can also be available in as little as 24 hours dependent upon demand.
- Antibody rapid test: This is not considered a diagnostic test that can determine if someone has an active COVID-19 infection. A blood sample is taken from the client and used to look for antibodies produced by a person's immune system to help fight off COVID-19. An Antibody Rapid test can detect if someone had a past COVID-19 infection but not if they still are positive for the virus.
Please note: For the wellbeing of our clients all Covid testing is conducted in a seperate facility removed from clients visiting our offices for medical screening
Remember, only by working together will we as a nation and global community be able to halt the further spread of this disease.