Industrial Health Medical Screening Services (Pty)Ltd was registered in 2017. The company is more than 51% black owned and proudly builds on the strong foundations laid by the former Industrial Health Audiometric and Medical Screening Service which was established in 1994 as one of the pioneers in private occupational health services in South Africa.
We currently have offices in Emalahleni and Bethal in Mpumalanga; and Boksburg in Gauteng. We are also able to assist clients on-site in one of our Mobile Units built to comply with the standards set by the OHS Act as well as the Mine Health and Safety Acts.
Industrial Health Medical Screening Services is registered as a (Pty)Ltd and our registration number is 2017/290735/07. We are also VAT registered with VAT registration number 4430281016.
We aim to provide a complete one-stop service, with most of the skills already developed in-house. For scarce and vitally needed professional skills, we have also developed a strong liaison with other reliable service providers.
At present, we are able to assist in covering the whole of South Africa.
Our main driving force is the delivery of a useful comprehensive report that will satisfy the client's needs resulting in positive refferals to other prospective clients.
We also maintain high standards for the satisfaction of a job well done. Work must be meaningful to employees, who need positive continuous motivation, while dealing with the demands set out by the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act and the Mining Health and Safety Act.
We come to you with a team of highly trained and dedicated staff who are specialists in their fields and who have obtained some of the best training in specialized skills and adaptation to unconventional working environments.
We continuously strive to make a difference and believe that the following values are paramount:
- To be Professional
- To maintain utmost levels of Confidentiality
- To always be Reliable
- To ensure that our services are Affordable
All our mobile units and permanent facilities are managed by one or more registered Occupational Health Nurse Practitioners who report directly to our Director Sr. Ria Keen.
The OHN and support staff working at the mobile stations and permanent medical facilities will also work very closely with relevant personnel as designated by the client.
Industrial Health Medical Screening Services have three permanent offices situated at:
- 23 Jellicoe Street, Witbank (Head Office)
- 32 Chris Hani Street, Bethal
- Unit 88F Van Dyk Secure Business Park, Boksburg
Staff and management at Industrial Health Medical Screening Services are specialists in their respective fields. Registered personnel with the necessary expertise and experience, deliver a superior service, perform medical examinations, assesments and training of students.
Industrial Health Medical Screening Services employ nursing staff and consulting Occupational Medical Practitioners who are registered and qualified in occupational health.
Our nurses are members of the Professional Society of Occupational Health Nurses and attend the society's continuing education workshop seminars.
Subsequent amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act require the employer to reassess their responsibility for the health and well-being of the workforce.
All services rendered by Industrial Health Services comply with the following:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act. 85 of 1993
- Regulations for Hazardous Chemical Substances (Reg. 1179 of 28 August 1995)
- The Mine Health and Safety Act. 29 of 1996
- COID Act
We are also registered with the following national bodies.
- The Nursing Council of South Africa (SANC)
- Professional Society of Occupational Health Nurses (SASOHN)
Benefits Of Making Use Of IHMSS
Our professionally rendered on-site service:
- Ensures professional pre-placement medical examinations of potential employees
- Increases productivity by keeping workers healthy
- Interacts with, and enhances the company's safety program
- Ensures compliance with regulations, reduced risks of non-compliance and ongoing monitoring of regulatory change
- Addresses and manages needs in a properly planned, professional and efficient manner
- Enhances health awareness across the workforce
- Enables focus on core business
- Reduced absenteeism